Torex Semiconductor Ltd. has developed two new series of step-down, synchronous DC/DC converters with its unique HiSAT-COT fast transient response control in an ultra-small package (1.2mm×1.4mm×h0.3mm).
The XC9259 series and XC9262 series are step-down synchronous DC/DC converters with a low ON resistance. Housed in the compact LGA-8B01 package, these converters incorporate Torex's unique HiSAT-COT fast transient response control ("HiSAT-COT control"). Compared to regular COT control, Torex's HiSAT-COT control enables greater suppression of frequency fluctuations caused by the load and input voltage. The response speed is eight times faster than previous Torex products, and the output voltage drop is reduced by 50%.
PWM control or PWM/PFM auto switching control can be selected for the operation mode, and a fast response, low ripple, and high efficiency are obtained over the entire load range, from light loads to heavy loads.
The output voltage can be set internally to a value from 0.8V to 3.6V (±2.0%) in steps of 0.05V. The only external components used are a coil and capacitor, and a high-efficiency, stable power supply with an output current of 1.0A (XC9259 series) or 1.5A (XC9262 series) can be obtained. Oscillation frequencies are 1.2MHz or 3.0MHz (XC9262 series only), and 6.0MHz (XC9259 series only), allowing selection of the optimum frequency for the application.
By stopping all circuits during standby, the quiescent current is reduced to 1.0µA or less. The soft start function starts the IC in a quick 0.30ms (TYP.). An internal UVLO (Under Voltage Lock Out) function forcibly shuts OFF the internal Pch MOS driver transistor when the input voltage drops to 2.0V or less. The B type includes a CL discharge function that discharges the output capacitor during standby.
XC9259/XC9262 Series features:
- LGA-8B01 package, output currents of 1.0A (XC9259) and 1.5A (XC9262)
- Realization of Low ON resistance (XC9262: high side: 0.11W / low side: 0.07W)
- Ultra-small, low-profile package reduces design area by approximately 80% compared to previous products
- Employs Torex's unique HiSAT-COT fast transient response control
- For the load-transient characteristics, response speed is eight times faster than previous Torex products, and output voltage drop is reduced by 50%
- A 1005-size ceramic capacitor can be used.