Powervation Ltd. will showcase its Intelligent Digital Power solutions for high-performance computing, communications infrastructure, and advanced digital power modules at this year's Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC).
Powervation will again participate in this year's APEC exhibition to display various new digital single- & multi-phase synchronous buck PWM controllers and integrated digital switchers for SMBus™/PMBus™ and VR12.5/VR13 SVID applications powering DDR, FPGA/ASIC, low-power processors, and general POL. Powervation's digital products feature xTune™, a unique adaptive compensation and auto-tuning architecture, which delivers faster transient performance and greatly simplifies the design process and time-to-market. This is a key benefit for various applications such as server, high-end motherboards, networking & telecom design, and stand-along DC/DC power modules where such designs require high-performance transient response, the ability to drive unknown or variable output loads, and/or benefit from a reduction in the time required to characterize and optimize the voltage regulator.
Designed to deliver optimized performance while interfacing with most leading MOSFET driver and DrMOS solutions, the new controllers are highly flexible and configurable, and have been optimized to power DDR memory, PCH, and other point-of-load rails in computing & communications applications. The RoHS compliant devices are available now for sample and production orders. The PowerSMART™ design tool is offered at no charge, and is available for download from the Powervation website. Key Features:
- Dual Phase Digital DC/DC Controller with 0.6 V to 5.5 V VOUT Range
- Auto-Control® Real-Time Adaptive Loop Compensation
- SMBus Interface with PMBus™ Power System Management Protocol
- Lower Jitter and Improved Transient Performance
- ±0.5% VOUT, ±1.5% VIN, & ±3% IOUT Accuracy Over Temperature
- Precision Measurement & Telemetry Reporting
- Extensive Fault Protection
- Single-Pin CONFIG™ with Memory for Eight Profile Tables
- Anti-Fuse Based Non-Volatile Memory (NVM)
- Programmable Frequency 375 kHz to 1.25 MHz
- Programmable VOUT, Voltage Tracking, Margining, & Sequencing
- Internal & External TSENSE