Fairchild Semiconductor's new mWSaver technology offers power savings for power supplies, with the fewest possible components. Devices in the mWSaver series integrate five patented technologies: off time modulation, JFET HV start-up and circuit, feedback impedance switch, HV discharge, and PSR control to drop out voltage; as well as burst mode operation and low operation current techniques. It is only by the unique integration of these technologies, leveraged together, that the most stringent standby specifications can be met.
Features of the mWSaver technology are:
- Best-in-class standby/no-load power consumption per component
- The ability to lower standby power for external components, such as resistors, capacitors, inductors and rectifiers
- Excellent efficiency ratings at full load
- The ability to exceed all no-load regulatory requirements worldwide
- A reduced Bill-of-Material (BOM) and lower overall system costs by eliminating the need for additional circuits and components, while integrating protection functions like brownout, under-voltage lockout (UVLO), over-voltage protection (OVP), open-loop protection (OLP) and over-temperature protections (OTP).
Power supply manufacturers can now achieve the ultra-low standby power performance their customers want, while eliminating components and lowering BOM costs with mWSaver technology.