Alpha and Omega Semiconductor Limited (AOS) announced the release of the AOZ1050 and AOZ1051 high efficiency, simple-to-use synchronous buck regulators. Both AOZ1050 and AOZ1051 are available in a thermally enhanced exposed pad SO-8 package, delivering output current of 2A and 3A, respectively. These new devices are well suited for a variety of onsumer electronics applications such as LCD TV, set-top-boxes, DVD players and recorders.
The low on-resistance of internal power MOSFETs in these devices allows higher efficiency and less heat generation. The full load efficiency of AOZ1051 is 7% higher and IC surface temperature is almost 40 C lower than that of the leading competitor. Adjustable soft-start time provides system designers with flexibility for power-up sequencing. Cycle-by-cycle current limiting combined with unique hiccup short-circuit protection ensure reliable operation under any abnormal conditions.
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 18V
- High-Side MOSFET On-Resistance: 80m? (AOZ1050), 70m? (AOZ1051)
- Low-Side MOSFET On-Resistance: 50m? (AOZ1050), 40m? (AOZ1051)
- Output Current: 2A (AOZ1050), 3A (AOZ1051)
- Switching Frequency: 500kHz
- Soft-start Time: Adjustable
- Package: Exposed Pad SO-8
AOZ1050 and AOZ1051 are immediately available in production quantities. The unit prices for 1,000 pieces are $0.66 and $0.72, respectively.
Alpha & Omega Semiconductor
Part Number: AOZ1050/1