Texas Instruments (TI) introduced seven SIMPLE SWITCHER regulators that simplify wide VIN synchronous power supply design and help engineers create energy-efficient, electromagnetic interference (EMI) compliant products. The easy-to-use LM43600/1/2/3 and LM46000/1/2 DC/DC converters feature an input voltage range of up to 60 V for high reliability in rugged systems, and 27 µA of standby current that minimizes power consumption at light load. The unique synchronous power stage architecture reduces radiated emissions for EMC compliance in a variety of industrial, automotive and communications applications.
The LM43600, LM43601, LM43602 and LM43603 synchronous regulators support an input voltage range from 3.5 V to 36 V and generate output currents of up to 0.5 A, 1 A, 2 A and 3 A, respectively. The LM46000, LM46001 and LM46002 support an input of 3.5 V to 60 V and output currents of up to 0.5 A, 1 A and 2 A. The converters integrate compensation, control features and MOSFETS to reduce the bill of material (BOM) by up to seven components. The HTSSOP package is leveraged across the entire family, allowing pin- and footprint-compatibility, as well as scalability.
The regulators are fully supported in TI's WEBENCH® online design tool, helping designers generate, optimize and simulate a wide VIN design, and then export that design to a CAD program.
Features and benefits:
Texas Instruments (TI) introduced seven SIMPLE SWITCHER regulators that simplify wide VIN synchronous power supply design and help engineers create energy-efficient, electromagnetic interference (EMI) compliant products.
· Synchronous rectification with integrated high-side and low-side MOSFETs simplifies design while improving efficiency, EMI and solution size.
· Ultra-low 27 µA of operating quiescent current provide high light-load efficiency and extend battery life.
· Programmable switching frequency up to 2.2 MHz allows for smaller external components.
· 16-pin, 5-mm by 6.4-mm thermally enhanced package is pin- and footprint-compatible across the product family and is scalable for reuse across various applications.
· EMI-optimized pin placement simplifies printed circuit board (PCB) layout for CISPR 22 class B EMC compliance.