Linear Technology Corp. introduces the LTC3883/LTC3883-1, PolyPhase capable dc/dc synchronous step-down switching regulator controllers with a PMBus-compliant serial interface. The controllers use a constant frequency, current mode architecture that is supported by the company's LTPowerPlay software development tool with graphical user interface (GUI).
Switching frequency, output voltage, and device address can be programmed using external configuration resistors. Additionally, parameters can be set via the digital interface or stored in the on-chip EEPROM.
The LTC3883/LTC3883-1 can be configured for Burst Mode operation, discontinuous (pulse-skipping) mode, or continuous inductor current mode. The LTC3883 incorporates an internal 5-V linear regulator while the LTC3883-1 uses an external 5-V supply for minimum power loss.
The LTC3883/LTC3883-1 are available in a 32-lead 5 × 5 mm QFN package.
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Intelligent Energy Efficient Power Regulation
- PMBus/I2C Compliant Serial Interface
– Programmable Voltage, Current Limit, Digital Soft-Start/Stop, Sequencing, Margining, OV/UV/OC and Frequency Synchronization (250 kHz to 1 MHz)
- ±0.5% Output Voltage Accuracy over Temperature
- Integrated 16-Bit ADC and 12-Bit DAC
- Integrated High Side Current Sense Amplifier
- Internal EEPROM and Fault Logging
- Integrated N-Channel MOSFET Gate Drivers
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5 to 24 V
- VOUT Range: 0.5 to 5.5 V
- Analog Current Mode Control Loop
- Accurate PolyPhase Current Sharing for Up to 6 Phases
- Auto Calibration of Inductor DCR
- Available in a 32-Lead (5 × 5 mm) QFN Package