Fairchild Semiconductor has launched the FOD8318 with Active Miller Clamp. The device is an advanced 2.5A output current IGBT drive optocoupler capable of driving most 1200V/150A IGBTs.
The FOD8318 consists of an integrated gate drive optocoupler featuring low RDS(ON) CMOS transistors to drive the IGBT from rail-to-rail, and isolated feedback circuitry for fault sensing. It provides an Active Miller Clamp function to shut off the IGBT during high dv/dt situations without the need of a negative supply voltage. This enables simpler design and increased reliability. Additionally, the FOD8318 offers the critical protection features necessary for preventing fault conditions that lead to destructive thermal runaway of the IGBTs.
The device is ideally suited for driving fast-switching power IGBTs and MOSFETs in applications such as motor drives, industrial inverters, solar power inverters, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), induction heating and isolated IGBT drives.
- Active Miller Clamp function to eliminate negative supply voltage
- Built-in IGBT Protection
- Desaturation detection
- Soft IGBT turn-off
- Under Voltage Lockout (UVLO) optimized for IGBT
- High noise immunity characterized by CMR: 35kV/µsec @Vcm-1500Vpeak
- 3.3V/5V, CMOS/TTL for logic input
- Output voltage swing rail-to-rail for low-power dissipation
- Safety and regulatory approvals
- UL1577, 4,243VRMS for 1 min.
- DIN-EN/IEC60747-5-5, 1,414Vpeak working voltage, 8,000Vpeak transient isolation voltage rating
Samples available upon request - Delivery 8-12 weeks ARO Available in a 16-pin small outline plastic package, the devices in 1,000 piece quantities are: FOD8318: $3.80 FOD8318V: $3.82