National Semiconductor Corp. introduces nine new Simple Switcher power modules that feature an extended operating temperature range as well as vibration and drop testing for use in harsh environments. The ruggedized, easy to use LMZ10503/4/5EXT, LMZ12001/2/3EXT and LMZ14201/2/3EXT power modules combine the efficiency of a synchronous switching regulator with the simplicity of a linear regulator, eliminating the external inductor and complex layout placement challenges typical of switching regulator designs.
The wide operating junction temperature range of -55° to 125° C make the new power modules well suited for field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), microprocessors, digital signal processors (DSPs), and other point-of-load (POL) conversions in harsh environments such as industrial and military applications.
Key features for the extended temperature power modules include:
- Extended junction temperature range down to -55° C
- Compliant to vibration standard MIL-STD-883 Method 2007.2 Condition A and JESD22-B103B Condition 1
- Compliant to drop standard MIL-STD-883 Method 2002.3 Condition B and JESD22-B110 Condition B
- Pin-to-pin compatible with other family members
- Wide input voltage range to 42 V
- Integrated shielded inductor
- Efficiency greater than 90%
- Small 10.16 x 13.77 x 4.57 mm package (RoHS compliant)
- Low radiated emissions (EMI) complies with EN55022 class B standard
- Passes 10V/m radiated immunity EMI test standard EN61000 4-3
For more information, contact National Semiconductor Corp., 3689 Kifer Road, Santa Clara, CA 95051. Phone: (800) 272-9959.