Texas Instruments Inc. introduces a single-stage LED lighting pulse width modulation (PWM) controller. The TRIAC-dimmable solution regulates LED current and also achieves near unity power factor. The reference design can achieve 85% efficiency, which enables high-density, small form factor designs. The TPS92210 is designed for general lighting applications, such as commercial and residential recessed, troffer, light bulb replacement, architectural, and display lighting.
Key features and benefits of the TPS92210:
- TPS92210 features flexible operation modes such as peak primary current, constant on-time, and frequency modulation. The constant on-time mode provides single-stage power factor correction for improved efficiency.
- TPS92210’s MOSFET configuration results in 10% lower switching losses with fast and easy high-voltage start-up compared to competitive devices.
- Continuous linear TRIAC dimming provides flicker-free, uniform control.
- Multiple protection features, such as over-voltage protection without optocouplers, thermal shutdown, and advanced over-current, safely shut down the system if fault conditions exist.
- Programmable fault response, full shutdown, and shutdown restart provide added flexibility for fault response.
For more information, contact Texas Instruments Inc., 12500 TI Blvd., Dallas, TX 75243. Phone: (972) 644-5580.