Belden Inc. announces its PPO UL AWM Hook-up Wire as an environmentally-friendly alternative to traditional PVC-insulated and XLPE-insulated wire. PPO Wire also meets or exceeds the electrical and thermal characteristics of traditional products, and is smaller in diameter, lighter in weight, stronger, and more durable than traditional wiring. Hook-up wire is used by a wide variety of OEM manufacturers and markets, including electrical panel builders, building construction and maintenance operations, manufacturers of electrical and electronic products, computer manufacturers, and the production and assembly of appliances, furniture, automobiles, and automotive components and systems. Belden's PPO Wire meets RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) and WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) requirements because it is made of stranded tinned copper conductors and a Zero Halogen Polyphenylene Oxide (PPO) insulation that contains no halogens, phthalates, or heavy metals. The absence of toxic materials means the product can be burned or disposed of safely without harm to people, animals, or the environment. PPO is also fully recyclable. Additional features of Belden PPO UL AWM Hook-up Wire:
- Superior dielectric strength enables a thinner wall thickness and an OD which is up to 45% smaller than equivalent wires
- Electrical performance that meets or exceeds that of traditional PVC-insulated 600-V wire
- Increased flexibility and durability, with 10X better abrasion and pinch resistance than PVC-insulated wires
- Excellent thermal properties over a wide operating temperature range
- Meets VW-1 UL 1581 flame rating requirements
- Reduced weight by up to 40%, due to PPO’s lower specific gravity/density as compared with PVC, polyethylene (PE), and XLPE insulations
For more information, contact Belden Inc., 7733 Forsyth Blvd., Suite 800, St. Louis, MO 63105. Phone: (800) 235-3361.