NXP Semiconductors N.V. announces the SSL21081, a highly efficient, high-voltage LED driver IC for compact, non-dimmable retrofit lamps based on the company's GreenChip technology. The SSL21081 platform makes it easy for LED retrofit lamp manufacturers to design cost-effective applications for the 100, 110, and 120 V markets with up to 95% efficiency.
The SSL21081's high integration level, including a 300-V internal switching MOSFET, provides a low component count, using only 14 components in a complete application, and reduces the cost of LED lamps for the end user. With the SSL21081, low-cost applications benefit from advanced features such as better than 5% LED current accuracy and a full range of protections, including LED over-temperature protection.
Key features and benefits:
- NXP SSL21081 is a highly efficient, high-voltage LED driver IC
- Designed for compact LED retrofit lamps for the 100, 110, and 120-V markets
- Reference PCB for the SSL21081 is a highly compact 18 x 22 mm
- Operates in a buck or buck/boost mode, with all required circuitry in an 8-pin SO package
- Enables power conversion efficiency above 95%, depending on the application
- True current source behavior -- better than 5% output current accuracy
- Dimming is possible using direct Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
- Protection features include easy external temperature feedback, as well as under-voltage lockout, leading-edge blanking, over-current protection, brownout protection and more
- GreenChip technology lies at the heart of NXP's cost-effective, high-efficiency power management and lighting ICs, based on NXP's EZ-HV process which enables high-voltage silicon-on-insulator (HV-SOI) ICs
For more information, contact NXP Semiconductors, 1130 Ringwood, M/S SJ 28, San Jose, CA 95131. Phone: (408) 474-8769.