NXP Semiconductors N.V. announces the SSL2115x series of high-efficiency GreenChip driver ICs for low-cost LED retrofit lamps. The new SSL21151 and SSL21153 are designed for non-dimmable 5 and 10 W LED lamps respectively, providing good current control in flyback and buck-boost configurations.
The SSL2115x enables small form-factor LED drivers, using primary-side sensing to regulate current, and offering integrated LED open/short protections, an internal 700-V MOSFET, and a circuit enabling start-up directly from the rectified mains voltage. With the use of an additional valley fill circuit, the SSL2115x series can offer a power factor of approximately 0.9.
The new SSL2115x series driver ICs are designed for ultra-low-cost, non-dimmable LEDs using isolated flyback and non-isolated buck-boost topologies, powering up to 5 W (SSL21151) and 10 W (SSL21153), with a small PCB footprint.
Key features include:
- Low output ripple -- less than 1%
- Power factor (PF): 0.6 or ~0.9 using valley fill
- Internal protections, including over-temperature protection, LED short protection, LED open protection, and undervoltage lockout protection
- Integrated 700-V MOSFET
- Primary-side sensing without an optocoupler
- Low component count, with a complete application requiring only 25 components and fitting in GU10 casing
- Compatibility with IEC 61000-3-2 Harmonics Standards
- EMC compliance: Class B CISPR22 and FCC Part 15
- Compact SO7 package
For more information, contact NXP Semiconductors, 1130 Ringwood, M/S SJ 28, San Jose, CA 95131. Phone: (408) 474-8769.