Linear Technology Corp. introduces the LTC2996, a high-accuracy temperature sensor with adjustable over-temperature and under-temperature thresholds and open drain alert outputs. It converts the temperature of an external diode sensor or its own die temperature to an analog output voltage while rejecting errors due to noise and series resistance. The measured temperature is compared against upper and lower limits set with resistive dividers. If a threshold is exceeded, the device communicates an alert by pulling low the correspondent open drain logic output.
The LTC2996 gives ±1° C accurate temperature results using commonly available NPN or PNP transistors or temperature diodes built into modern digital devices. A 1.8 V reference output simplifies threshold programming and can be used as an ADC reference input. The LTC2996 provides an accurate, low power solution for temperature monitoring in a compact 3 × 3 mm DFN package.
- Temperature Monitoring and Measurement
- System Thermal Control
- Network Servers
- Desktop and Notebook Computers
- Environmental Monitoring
Features of the LTC2996:
- Converts Remote or Internal Diode Temperature to Analog Voltage
- Adjustable Over-temperature and Under-temperature Thresholds
- Voltage Output Proportional to Temperature
- ±1° C Remote Temperature Accuracy
- ±2° C Internal Temperature Accuracy
- Built-In Series Resistance Cancellation
- Open Drain Alert Outputs
- 2.25 to 5.5 V Supply Voltage
- 1.8 V Reference Voltage Output
- 200 μA Quiescent Current
- 10-Lead 3 × 3 mm DFN Package
For more information, contact Linear Technology Corp., 1630 McCarthy Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035. Phone: (408) 432-1900.