A new family of high efficiency, fixed frequency step-down and/or step-up dc-dc converter IP blocks from LTRIM Technologies are available now in TSMC CMOS mixed-signal/RF 0.13-micron technology. The selection of operating frequencies and output voltages are designed for a wide variety of battery-powered applications for system-on-chip (SoC) designs. These IP blocks can also be retargeted to other foundry process technologies and output voltages.
The LTR2xxx family of dc-dc converters are functionally similar to the LTC3440 synchronous buck-boost dc-dc converters from Linear Technology. The family includes the following IP blocks:
- LTR2400-T13M 300-kHz, stepdown/stepup converter with a VOUT of 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- LTR2100-T13M 300-kHz, stepdown converter with a VOUT of 1.2 V to 2.5 V
- LTR2200-T13M 300-kHz, stepup converter with a VOUT of 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- LTR2410-1.8T13M 1.2-MHz, stepdown/stepup converter with a VOUT of 1.8 V
- LTR2110-1.8T13M 1.2-MHz, stepdown converter with a VOUT of 1.8 V
- LTR2110-1.2T13M 1.2-MHz, stepdown converter with a VOUT of 1.2 V.
- LTR2210-1.8T13M 1.2-MHz, stepup converter with a VOUT of 1.8 V, 1.2 MHz.
The new family of IP blocks contains features designed to extend the life of a battery such as sleep mode for light load operation and shutdown mode for power savings. The IP blocks operate at up to 95% efficiency with high output accuracy and guaranteed output current.