Enpirion has announced the availability of its ultra-small 3 A synchronous buck dc-dc converter with an integrated inductor, delivering a radical increase in power density over competing solutions. The EN5337QI is a power supply on a chip (PwrSoC) in a tiny 28 mm2 package - less than half the size of Enpirion's previous 3 A solutions, and one-third the size of competitor's offerings. With a power density of 149 W/in2 (23 W/cm2), the EN5337QI sets a new standard for low-power switching regulators.
Enpirion's 3 A power converters are ideally suited for high-volume, mass-market electronics such as DTV, audio, computing, multi-function printers, set-top boxes/DVRs, and storage. The EN5337QI is an excellent choice for product designs that are space-constrained, noise-sensitive, and require high efficiency and simple, reusable power solutions.
Key features of the EN5337QI include:
- 3 A continuous output current capability
- Wide input voltage range of 2.375 V to 5.5 V
- 92% peak efficiency
- Low voltage ripple and noise
- 5 MHz operating frequency, enabling small input and output capacitors
- Switching frequency can be phase locked to an external clock to eliminate or move unwanted beat frequencies out of band
- Protection features, including over-current protection, thermal shutdown and under-voltage lockout circuit
The EN5337QI is available now, and pricing is set at $2.50 for quantities of 1000 parts.