Murata recently announced the introduction of its UWS-Q12 series, the latest in a line of 50-W, 9- to 36-Vin range dc-dc converters. With its industry-standard 1/16th brick pinout, the solution provides a basic I/O insulation system rated at 2250-V dc isolation with a fully regulated dc output. The series also offers single modules with outputs of 3.3, 5, 12, 15, and 24 V dc, all rated at 50 W.
With a universal Vin range, there are many applications including 12- and 24-V battery systems, delivering the requirements for intermediate bus converter (IBC) architecture.
- Vin range of 9 to 36 V dc.
- Output voltages of 3.3, 5, 12, 15, and 24 V dc.
- High efficiency of up to 91%.
- 1.30 x 0.90 x 0.36-in. open-frame package.
- Industry-standard DOSA sixteenth-brick format and pinout.
- Operating temperature range of -40 to +85°C with derating.
- Optional negative logic on/off control configuration.
- Small footprint dc-dc converter well-suited for high-current applications.
- Facilitates cooler and more efficient operations, reduces thermal-management costs.
- High isolation between input and output, safety rated for industrial, rail, hazardous, and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) applications.
- Telco and network equipment
- Power grid
- Base stations for wireless communications
- Battery-backup systems
For more information, visit here.