TDK Corporation extended its portfolio of PowerHap piezo actuators for haptic feedback with the new miniature rectangular 0904H014V060 and 1204H018V060 actuators. They have dimensions of 9 mm x 3.75 mm x 1.4 mm and 12 mm x 4 mm x 1.8 mm, respectively. At the maximum operating voltage of 60 V, the new actuators can accelerate a mass of 100 g at 3.3 g (pk) or 5 g (pk) with maximum displacements of 15 µm or 27 µm, respectively, says the company.
PowerHap features high acceleration and large forces in a compact design, coupled with a short response time of less than 1 ms. A key feature of the actuators, according to TDK, is the low energy consumption of 0.35 mJ or 0.6 mJ per feedback. In addition to the actuator properties, PowerHap also offers good sensing functionality by using the inverse piezo effect. PowerHap actuators are technologically more advanced than conventional electromagnetic solutions such as eccentric rotary mass (ERM) motors and linear resonant actuators (LRAs).
Main Application Areas
- Smartphones and tablets
- Home appliances
- Game consoles
- Virtual reality (VR) / augmented reality (AR) equipment
- Handheld medical devices
Main Features and Benefits
- Small dimensions of 9 mm x 3.75 mm x 1.4 mm or 12 mm x 4 mm x 1.8 mm
- High acceleration of 3.3 g (pk) or 5 g (pk)
- Short response time of less than 1 msec
- Low energy consumption of 0.35 mJ or 0.6 mJ per click
* For a load with a mass of 100 g
Further information on the products can be found here.