Fairchild Semiconductor developed the FOD8320, an advanced 2.5A Output Current Gate Driver Optocoupler. Using Fairchild's Optoplanar® packaging technology and optimized IC design, the FOD8320 optocoupler achieves reliable and high insulation voltage as well as high noise immunity. The device, housed in a wide body 5-pin small outline package, offers a compact footprint while allowing for a creepage and clearance distance greater than 10mm and 0.5mm internal insulation distance.
Additionally, the FOD8320 provides an extended industrial temperature range (-40 to +100ºC) and is ideally suited for fast switching of power IGBTs and MOSFETs used in industrial inverter applications. Designed with 35kV/µs minimum Common Mode Noise Rejection (CMR) resulting from the proprietary Optoplanar coplanar packaging technology, the FOD8320 eliminates the capacitive charge buildup that occurs in the over-under construction.
- 10mm minimum creepage and clearance distance
- P-Channel MOSFETs at output stage enables output voltage swing close to the supply rail
- Wide supply voltage range from 15V to 30V
- Fast switching speed over full operating temperature range
-400ns max. propagation delay
-100ns max. pulse width distortion
- Under Voltage Lockout (UVLO) with hysteresis
- Extended industrial temperate range, -40 to 100°C temperature range