Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. introduces two digital-input Class D power amplifiers that simplify designs, eliminate complicated programming, reduce noise, and hasten time to market. The MAX98355 (pulse-code modulation, PCM) and MAX98356 (pulse-density modulation, PDM) offer best-in-class clock jitter tolerance in Class D audio amplifiers and deliver superior audio quality.
Audio devices can now be simplified because unique internal circuitry in the MAX98355/MAX98356 detects the input clock and automatically calculates the sample rate. This reduces complicated programming and the need for system software support. With a digital input for noise immunity, and highest jitter tolerance, the parts provide superior audio quality while eliminating the need for programming for a faster time to market.
- Improved audio quality from exceptionally high jitter tolerance: low 0.013% THD+N at 1kHz and 99dB dynamic range
- Lower power consumption: 92% efficiency (RL = 8Ω, POUT = 900mW, VDD = 3.7V)
- Smaller solution size and simplified design: 2.5V to 5.5V single-supply operation
- Available in a 9-pin WLP package (1.345mm x 1.435mm x 0.64mm).
- Specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Pricing starts at $0.82 (1000-up, FOB USA).
Part Number: MAX98355