Marway Power Solutions announced that its model MPD 100R-003 Power Distribution Unit (PDU) is now a standard product offering. Previously available only as a modified custom solution, this rack-mount, single-phase PDU meets a wide variety of power quality, protection and distribution requirements at an affordable cost.
The MPD 100R-003 model supports up to 24 A continuously at 120VAC and is ideal for industrial computing, control systems and automatic test equipment (ATE) that require a single-phase, EIA-310 compliant PDU in a compact design. The slim 1U (1.75 inch high) unit conveniently mounts in the front or rear of a 19-inch rack enclosure and sports a zinc plated steel chassis for durability The unit includes two 5-15R, 120 volt NEMA receptacles conveniently located on the front of the unit and six receptacles on back. In addition, the PDU offers these important features:
- Overcurrent Protection - Equipment faults can cause excessive power to be pulled from facility power lines and damage equipment and power cabling. The precision hydraulic magnetic circuit breaker on the front panel of the PDU protects downstream equipment by opening the power line if too much current is being consumed.
- EMI Protection - The PDU's power line filter protects against common-mode and differential-mode noise and harmonics in facility power lines that can cause degradation or malfunction of electronic or electrical equipment.
- Surge Protection - The PDU's metal oxide varistors (MOVs) protect against damaging spikes and surges. Facility power lines can transmit a sudden increase in voltage. The MOV clamps the line voltage so it cannot exceed a specified value, thus protecting any connected equipment.
- Remote Switching - Remote switching allows the power receptacles to be enabled or disabled via an external control signal. This feature is useful for implementing external interlock circuits, or simply providing the convenience of remote control. The remote interface is controlled through one or more 3-pin remote connectors on the PDU.
- Delayed Enable - The delay connector provides a delayed enable signal. This signal can be used to control other PDUs in a daisy-chain configuration. A cable is used to connect the delay output of one PDU to the remote connector of a second PDU. In this configuration, the first PDU is switched on, and then the second PDU is switched on after the time delay. This allows two or more PDUs to switch on in a timed sequence.
The MPD 100R-003 is also compatible with Marway's Universal Control Panel (UCP) series which can be used to provide a central control point for distributed PDUs. Available now, the MPD 100R-003 is certified to UL and CSA specifications and is covered by a two-year warranty.