The PCIM Europe exhibition and conference has issued a call for papers for its next conference, which will take place May 12 – 14, 2009 in Nuremberg, Germany. The deadline for submitting abstracts, which must be previously unpublished presentations, is October 20, 2008.
Energy efficiency is one of the major themes at the 2009 event. The selected topics are:
- Power Semiconductors
- Thermal Management and Packaging
- Control and Drive Strategies in Power Converters
- Electronic Power Converters
- Power Electronics in Automotive and Traction
- Motors and Actuators
- Embedded Motion
- Advanced Control Techniques in Intelligent Motion Systems
- Motion Control
- Equipment for Testing, Diagnostics and Condition Monitoring
- Power Electronics in Energy Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Energy Storage
- Power Quality Solutions,
- Unity Power Factor, Harmonics and Flicker
- Power Electronics in Utilities
- Software Tools and Applications
- Passive Components and New Materials
- Metering and Diagnostics and Standards
- System Availability
Proposals will be considered for conference papers, posters or tutorials. The overall Conference Director is Prof. Alfred Rufer of EPFL, Switzerland, supported by the Advisory Board which comprises international experts from industry and academia.
For outstanding contributions from young authors not older than 35, three “Young Engineer Awards” of 1000 Euros each will be granted. The conference directors will select the laureates upon the submission of conference papers.
In addition, the author of the best paper in the field of “Power Electronics in Industrial or Automotive Applications” will receive a best paper award comprising the participation at PCIM China Conference in Shanghai including flight and accommodation. All awards will be granted within the PCIM Europe 2009 Conference.
All accepted papers to be included in the official PCIM proceedings CD and the IET Inspec database. Further details about the conference and exhibition and the online submission form for submitting an abstract are available at www.pcim.de.