An I²C bus analyzer product from Blackhawk, dubbed Blackhawk Scribe™, combines an easy-to-use rich feature set with an affordable price, Scribe is well suited for both entry-level and complex I²C applications alike.
The Scribe is ideal for embedded software and firmware development, hardware debug, and system performance verification. Developers are able to monitor and log I²C bus traffic in real-time; all decoded I²C protocol data is displayed in an easily comprehended format. Hardware debugging features include exercising the I²C bus and communicating with its peripheral components which provides a convenient interface to "peek" and "poke" device registers while simultaneously watching traffic on the bus. In-System Programming (ISP) capabilities are also included to facilitate programming and verification of I²Ccompatible EEPROM devices using the Scribe's intuitive "single-click" interface to display and update memory contents.
Features of the Blackhawk Scribe includee:
- Support for I²C and SMBus
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface
- Support for Standard-mode, Fast-mode, and Fast-mode Plus (Fm+) using bit rates up to 5 Mbit/s
- Support for High-speed mode (Hs-mode) monitoring up to 5 Mbit/s
- Non-intrusive traffic monitoring with unlimited time-stamped state and waveform recording, message filtering, and symbolic translation
- Two general purpose I/O channels
- Programmable trigger event to highlight bus transactions of interest
- Automatic detection of bus voltage and signal thresholds
- Programmable bus voltage reference and pull-up resistors on the SDA and SCL lines
- In-System Programming of popular serial EEPROMs
- 64-Bit Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7, and Windows 8 software support
Initial pricing for the Blackhawk Scribe™ is $1,295.