Agilent Technologies Inc. a power device capacitance analyzer that automatically characterizes power device junction capacitances using real operating voltages.
The B1507A Power Device Capacitance Analyzer provides a complete solution for measuring and evaluatingall parameters for high-frequency switching power supplies. Measurement capabilities include three terminal capacitances (Ciss, Coss and Crss) with high-voltage bias (±3 kV), gate resistance, and accurate leakage current and breakdown voltage by complementing curve-tracer-type test equipment that evaluates only coarse IV characteristics.
A uniquely designed intuitive graphical user interface makes it easy for even a novice user to automatically measure all capacitances under a wide range of operating voltages. Such capabilities make the B1507A ideal for helping power electronics circuit designers select the optimal devices for their power electronic circuits and for power electronics manufacturers maximizing product value and performance by revealing detailed device characteristics.
Key features of the B1507A include:
· Easy to use, fully automated measurement of transistor input, output and reverse transfer capacitances (Ciss, Coss, Crss, Cies, Coes, Cres) at high bias voltages, independent terminal capacitances (Cgs, Cgd, Cds, Cge, Cgc, Cce), and capacitances normally-on devices, such as SiC JFET or GaN FET
· Internal gate resistance (Rg) measurement
· Continuous capacitance measurement as the gate voltage varies from negative to positive
· Support for a complete workflow of capacitance evaluation that includes the ability to easily and accurately switch back and forth between leakage current and capacitance measurements without having to do any recabling.
· Support for basic IV characterization, including breakdown voltage and threshold voltage.
The Agilent B1507A Power Device Capacitance Analyzer is priced at $80,000 and is available now.