Keysight Technologies, Inc. added a 92-GSa/s, 32-GHz modular instrument to its portfolio of arbitrary waveform generators. The new high-speed, wide-bandwidth M8196A arbitrary waveform generator allows engineers to generate digital, multi-level (e.g., PAM-4, PAM-8, DMT) signal scenarios at 8 bits vertical resolution and test their electrical and optical links with complex modulated signals up to 64 GBaud. This makes the M8196A the fastest and most versatile signal generator in the industry. The M8196A supports leading edge research for 100 Gb/s, 400 Gb/s and 1 Tb/s communication applications.
The M8196A arbitrary waveform generator supports:
- High-speed and coherent optical transceiver and component testing with its four synchronized channels in one instrument, allowing deterministic emulation and predistortion of two independent I/Q signals
- R&D tests in the development of new physical layer standards exceeding 100 Gb/s with the instrument's unmatched flexibility which also allows de-embedding of a channel's S-parameters, in-situ calibration and signal stress conditioning
- Generation of any mathematically defined arbitrary waveforms, ultra-short yet precise pulses and multiple GHz chirps
- The M8196A offers:
- A maximum sample rate of 92 GSa/s with 32 GHz of analog bandwidth on up to four precisely aligned channels per 1-slot AXIe module simultaneously
- Up to 2 Vpp differential output voltage and adjustable DC offset in a -1 to 2.5 V window
- 8 bits vertical resolution and rise and fall times below 9 ps
The M8196A runs on a 1-slot AXIe modular system designed for high-performance instrumentation.
The M8196A arbitrary waveform generator can be ordered now at an entry price of $140,000.