IXYS Corporation announced the introduction of the compact and lightweight PIM-Mini by its IXYS Colorado division. The PIM-Mini is an air-cooled pulsed current source designed to drive laser diodes, bars, arrays, or any low-impedance load.
Offered in models from 5 amperes to 200 amperes of peak current at up to 48 volts forward voltage, the PIM-Mini has been optimized for OEM designs including industrial, chemical processing and medical applications. Its size and flexibility makes it ideal for research, laboratory, scientific and other applications requiring a compact and economical high-performance pulsed driver.
Pulse widths are adjustable from 25 microseconds to 8,750 microseconds (maximum pulse width varies by model), with a pulse repetition frequency up to 20 hertz. Output current is set with an internal potentiometer or an analog voltage. The pulse width is controlled with the input trigger signal. It requires two DC voltages for operation, 12 volts support power and a compliance voltage equal to 12 volts above the laser diode's forward voltage.
- Five models available with maximum output current of 5, 10, 20, 50 and 200 amperes
- Rise and fall times of 5 to 10 microseconds, depending upon model
- Pulse widths from 25 to 8,750 microseconds (maximum pulse width varies by model)
- Drives both single diodes and arrays with forward voltages up to 48 volts
- Miniature air-cooled module just 4.425" H x 4.975" W x 2.125" D (112 x 126 x 54 millimeters) in size, ideal for OEM applications
- 12 volt DC support power - no AC mains input needed
- RoHS compliant