Analog Devices Inc. recently introduced the first in a new series of high-voltage, low-noise, zero-drift, precision operational amplifiers that reduce system noise, cost, board space, and development time by providing on-chip electro-magnetic interference (EMI) filtering and eliminating the need for calibration circuitry.
The dual-channel ADA4522-2 op amp operates within a supply voltage range of 4.5 V to 55 V and exhibits noise performance that is at least 35 percent better than its closest competitor. The new device provides the ease-of-use of a precision op amp with the ultra-low offset and drift of a zero-drift op amp. The ADA4522-2 is suitable for a wide range of applications, including current sensing in electronic loads, power supplies and motor control and offset correction in composite amplifiers used in instrumentation and other applications.
- Low noise: 5.8 nV/ @ 1 kHz typ.
- Low offset: 5 uV max @ 25 C
- Low offset voltage drift: 22 nV/ºC max
- Wide bandwidth: 2.7-MHz GPB
- Operates from supply voltages of 4.5 V to 55 V
- High chopping frequency: 1.5 MHz for wider closed loop bandwidth and easy filtering
- Inputs sense Vee and rail-to-rail output