Avago Technologies unveiled the ACPL-302J, a new smart gate drive optocoupler device that improves isolated power supply and simplifies gate drive design. The ACPL-302J features an integrated flyback controller for DC-DC converters and a full set of fail-safe IGBT diagnostics, protection and fault reporting, providing a complete and cost-effective gate drive solution. With a 2.5A rail-to-rail output, the device is ideal for driving IGBTs and power MOSFETs in industrial power inverters and motor drives.
By integrating the flyback controller, the ACPL-302J allows fewer discrete components and small high-efficiency transformer to be placed next to the device thereby reducing the overall footprint and minimizing electromagnetic interference (EMI) and noise coupling between IGBT channels. The device also features integrated active Miller clamp, IGBT DESAT detection, and Under Voltage Lock-Out (ULVO) with feedback reducing bill of materials (BOM) cost and simplifying gate drive design.
ACPL-302J Product Highlights:
· Integrated flyback controller for isolated DC-DC converter.
· Rail-to-rail output with high current improving power efficiency.
· Active Miller clamp and high DESAT blanking current source reducing system costs and board space.
· Integrated short circuit protection, fault & UVLO feedback control circuit improving system reliability for driving and protecting IGBT.
· High reinforced insulation voltage of VIORM = 1,230 VPEAK for reliable fail-safe protection in high voltage applications.
· Wide creepage and clearance of 8.3 mm meeting stringent system level safety regulation.
· 30 kV/µs min CMR preventing erroneous drive in noisy environment.
· Wide operating temperature from -40 °C to +105 °C· Safety approval from CSA, UL and IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5 enabling fast system level safety clearance and time to market.