Silego Technology announces the SLG88101, a low power dual operational amplifier suited for precision consumer and industrial applications. The SLG88101 is packaged in a 2 x 2 mm STDFN. At only 400 µV of input voltage offset, 17 kHz BW, and 375 nA of quiescent current with shutdown, the SLG88101 is designed as a higher performance analog front end for all of Silego's popular GPAK families.
In particular, the dual op amp pairs nicely with our fifth generation mixed signal array "GPAK 5" with its zero static power asynchronous state machine "ASM" enabling complete applications with good analog performance, fast control response, and nA power consumption. Achieving low power analog specifications is possible with the SLG88101 in both "always-on" mode, as well as using pulsed power techniques with the two independent op amp shutdown pins to further reduce the 375 nA typical quiescent current per channel.
The SLG88101 op amps feature rail to rail input and output, greater than 100 dB open loop gain, and low voltage offset while operating over a wide voltage from 1.6 V to 5.5 V. These features maximize battery life and reduce dynamic range issues. High value applications include:
- Small battery-powered sensor-based portable products
- Biometric sensing wearables " Consumer weigh scales
- Long term sensing medical devices for most biological signals
- Isolated power medical circuits
- Remote metering such as water meters, gas meters, or even power meters that must operate for a long period of time without line power
- Ambient light sensors
- Remote security devices and sensor nodes
- Industrial sensors that are power isolated or connected only via their communication bus
- Energy harvesting powered products The SLG88101V is available in a 2 x 2 mm 8-pin STDFN with guaranteed specification over -40 to 85 C.