A series of EPCOS SMT power inductors from TDK Corporation presents handle up to 10 percent higher current than existing types. The components of the improved and highly reliable B82476B1*M100 series of SMT power inductors are designed for rated currents between 0.33 A and 7.5 A. The spectrum of inductance values ranges from 1.0 µH to 1000 µH, and the typical DC resistance is between 6.0 mohms and 1.95 ohms.
The power inductors, which are qualified to AEC-Q200, are suitable for operating temperatures from -55 °C to +150 °C and thus fulfill the rigorous requirements for automotive electronics applications. Designed with a base plate, the unshielded components offer high mechanical stability. The new inductors have a footprint of 12.95 mm x 9.40 mm and an insertion height of 5.08 mm. The components are RoHS-compatible and suitable for lead-free soldering to JEDEC J-STD-020D. The main applications for the high power inductors are DC-DC converters in automotive electronics and switch-mode power supplies (SMPS) for demanding industrial electronics applications.
· DC-DC converters in automotive electronics
· SMPS with high requirements on temperature range and reliability
Main features and benefits
· 10 percent higher current capability than existing types
· High rated currents of up to 7.5 A
· Broad operating temperature range from -55 °C to +150 °C
· Qualified to AEC-Q200
· RoHS-compatible and suitable for lead-free soldering to JEDEC J-STD-020D
· Broad spectrum of inductance values from 1.0 µH to 1000 µH