Executives from top utility companies will meet for a lively discussion about the unique business opportunities and technical, regulatory, and business challenges that utilities face in their efforts to increase the percentage of solar energy in their portfolios on Wednesday, October 19th at Solar Power International 2011 (SPI). Senior executives from American Electric Power, Austin Energy, CPS Energy, Duke Energy, Florida Power & Light and PSEG Energy Holdings will share their views on the future of the solar industry and use of this energy resource in the U.S. The Utility Executive Panel will be held from 9:00am to 10:30am in Ballroom C of the Dallas Convention Center. SPI is presented by the by the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and the Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA).
- Robert Powers, President, AEP Utilities
- Larry Weis, General Manger, Austin Energy
- Doyle Beneby, President and CEO, CPS Energy
- James Rogers, Chairman, President and CEO, Duke Energy
- Armando Olivera, President and CEO, Florida Power & Light
- Randy Mehrberg, Executive Vice President Strategy & Development, PSEG Energy Holding
Solar Power International 2011 (SPI), presented by the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and the Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA), is designed to serve and advance the solar power industry and draws more than 24,000 professionals representing over 128 countries. SPI 2011 takes place October 17 - 20 at the Dallas Convention Center. Registration, sponsorship, exhibitor and program information can be found at: http://www.solarpowerinternational.com/. Registration is now open.