The joint sponsors of the Applied Power Electronics Conference have announced the continuation of the popular $1,000 Student Attendance Awards to cover part of the travel and conference expenses for up to 30 students to attend APEC 2013 in Long Beach, California, March 17-21, 2013.
Now in its 8th year, the APEC Student Attendance Award program, initiated by the Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA), is now jointly underwritten by PSMA and the other co-sponsors of the APEC Conference the IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS).
The recipients of the Student Awards will be chosen by the APEC 2013 Award and Grants Committee. Application forms are available at APEC Attendance Award Application. The criteria for the awards are:
- The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a power electronics program at an accredited institution.
- Applications must be made and received by the Committee by October 26, 2012.
- Up to two Student Awards will be made to students from a single institution. However, the award may be shared among students who applied for the Award.
- The recipients must attend APEC 2013 and submit expense receipts to the Committee.
- Preference will be given to students who have not received this Award in the past.
- The recipients will be notified by the Committee by November 16, 2012.
As part of the application process, students must provide information about their educational institution, degree program, the name of their faculty advisor and a brief description of their career interest and reasons for planning to attend APEC. If the student has submitted a paper for consideration to APEC, this information should also be provided along with the name(s) of co-author(s).