Panasonic has declared that several of its products are currently in compliance with EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) with respect to the following six substances: lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls, and polybrominated diphenyl ethers. Further, all Panasonic lithium-coin and cylindrical cells included with welded tabs/terminals produced by Panasonic after 3/31/2003 use lead-free solder tinning. The tab material is nickel-plated tin. The lead-free solder tinning on the tabs is Sn-3.0Ag-0.5Cu.
The specific Panasonic battery product types compliant with the RoHS directive are as follows:
- BR Series (poly-carbonmonofluoride lithium batteries)
- BR "A" series (extended-temperature-range coin cells)
- CR series (manganese dioxide lithium batteries)
- VL series (vanadium rechargeable lithium batteries)
- ML series (manganese rechargeable lithium batteries)
- ML-R series (reflow-solderable ML lithium batteries)
- NBL series (niobium rechargeable lithium batteries)
- MT series (titanium lithium batteries)
- CGR and CGA series (lithium ion rechargeable cells)
- HHR and HHF series (nickel metal hydride rechargeable cells)
- AM, LR and ZR series (alkaline and oxyride batteries).