Avago Technologies announced a series of 3-channel reflective optical encoder devices, the AEDR-87xx. The devices are ideal for use in low power miniaturized motion control systems such as stepper motors, electrical actuators, piezoelectric drives and portable medical appliances.
Expanding upon previous generation devices, the new AEDR-87xx with encoding resolution up to 318 lines per inch (LPI) supports 3.3V and 5 V supply voltage for low power applications and dual analog outputs interfacing directly with external interpolator for high precision motion control measurements. The devices are packaged in industry's smallest form factor for 3-channel reflective optical encoder.
AEDR-87xx Product Highlights
· 3 Channel Outputs Including One Index Digital Output
· Dual Channel Digital Outputs (AEDR-871x)
· Dual Channel Analog Outputs (AEDR-872x)
· Built-in Interpolator for 4x, 8x and 16x Interpolation (AEDR-871x)
· Built-in Automatic LED Current Regulation
· Encoding Resolution: 318 LPI (up to 1.25um pitch)
· Power Supply Voltage: 3.3 or 5 V (AEDR-871x), 5 V (AEDR-872x)
· Operating Temperature Range: -20 to +85°C
· Compact Size: 3.95 mm (L) x 3.4 mm (W) x 0.956 mm (H)