L-com, Inc. has added new versions of its popular "premium" D-Subminiature cable assemblies line with black PVC jackets. The new cables complement the existing, gray jacketed premium cables. Like the gray cables, the new black cables will be stocked in the USA to quickly fulfill orders.
The gray jacketed premium D-Subminiature line of cables has been part of L-com's overall D-Subminiature cable assembly lineup for over a decade. Being available off-the-shelf and moderately priced, they are also attractive to buyers for their extremely high-quality construction, including:
- Durable 26 AWG stranded conductors
- Double shielding comprised of a copper braid plus AI/Mylar for protection against RFI/EMI
- A stamped steel box terminal shield underneath the molded connectors
- Inner molding high dielectric insulation to prevent conductor stress
- Gold plated contacts for best conductivity
- And all-metal knurled mating thumbscrews
However, until now those applications that required a black colored PVC jacket were a custom order for L-com. These new cable assemblies eliminate the need for a minimum order quantity (MOQ) and lead time by making the black jacket an off-the-shelf option for buyers.
"We were getting multiple requests for our premium D-Sub cables with black jackets," said Steve Smith, Product Manager. "We make a point of listening to our customers' needs and creating stock parts to fulfill these requests."
The parts are already available for order on L-com's web site, along with free engineering drawing downloads. The parts are expected to be in-house in early June, allowing L-com to ship products on the same day as they are ordered.