Littelfuse, Inc. announced that it has developed a new SP3012-06UTG Low Capacitance ESD Protection TVS Diode Array (SPA®Devices). The new product is optimized for protecting sensitive chipsets on high-speed data lines from any external ESD (electrostatic discharge) event. Typical applications include USB 3.0 and HDMI port protection on LCD/PDP TVs, DVD/Blu-ray players, desktop PCs, MP3/PMPs, set top boxes, smartphones, ultrabooks/notebooks and digital cameras.
- Safely absorbs repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level specified in the IEC61000-4-2 international standard (Level 4) without performance degradation; reduces designer's dependency on accurate trace impedance simulators
- Ultra low capacitance (0.5pF)
- Market-leading dynamic resistance of 0.4Ω provides clamping voltage two to three times lower than competitive devices
- ESD, IEC61000-4-2, ±12kV contact discharge, ±25kV air discharge rating
- Small form factor µDFN-14 package (3.5 x 1.35 x 0.5mm); allows PCB traces to run directly underneath the device, minimizing trace discontinuities
- Minimizes signal degradation to preserve system performance while providing robust ESD protection
- Ensures chipset reliability through reduced clamping voltage
- Allows manufacturers to provide ESD protection above IEC standard requirements
- Reduces PCB footprint by more than 50 percent when compared to other fully integrated, 6-channel protection devices
SP3012-06UTG Low Capacitance ESD Protection TVS Diode Arrays are available in quantities of 3,000 in standard tape and reel packaging. Samples are available now for bulk orders; sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.