To meet these industry efficiency trends, Fairchild Semiconductor has developed the FDMF68xx Gen III DrMOS multi-chip module (MCM) family. Designed to enable a reduced inductor and output capacitor count, the FDMF68xx series saves up to 50 percent of board space as compared to conventional discrete solutions and improves efficiency to meet new energy standards. The FDMF68xx series dramatically reduces switch ringing, using Fairchild's high-performance PowerTrench® MOSFET technology, eliminating the need for using a snubber circuit in most buck converter applications.
The Gen III DrMOS MCM family supports both 3.3V and 5V Tri-State PWM input voltages for both digital and analog PWM controllers and a 30V device option makes the DrMOS adaptable for Notebook or UltraBook™ power systems. Providing better efficiency with over 1MHz switching frequency, increased maximum load current, and greater power density, the Gen III DrMOS series achieves efficiency standards targets while providing up to 60A per phase in a 6x6mm2 PQFN package.
- 93% at peak and 91% at 30A, 500 kHz Frequency. 12VIN, 1VOUT
- 90% at peak and 88% at 30A, 1 MHz Frequency. 12VIN, 1VOUT
- High current handling: 60A @ 100°C TJ
- Capable of operating up to 1.5MHz switching frequency
- Eliminates the need for a heat sink in typical designs
- Availability: Samples available upon request.
- Delivery: 8-12 weeks ARO