The Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA) recently announced availability of its Online Energy-Efficiency Database (EEDB) as a service to the industry. Because the number of energy-efficiency standards and the worldwide agencies that generate them continues to grow daily, it is time-consuming for an individual or company to keep track of the actions and activities by government and industry groups. The PSMA online energy-efficiency standards database provides “one-click” access to global standards and initiatives.
As a result of user feedback on an earlier version of the database, PSMA has incorporated a number of improvements, including:
- Quick access to world region, agency or standards application.
- Expanded data includes a list of specific standards generated by an agency and parametric specifications for each regulation.
- Expanded description of regulations and agencies.
- Enhanced descriptions that include HTML code for quick linking to agency site or database location.
- Latest schedule of standards meetings.
Dusty Becker, PSMA board chairman and chair of the PSMA Energy-Efficiency Committee, says, “The PSMA Online Energy-Efficiency Database, which incorporates a number of improvements suggested by product planners to keep current, is a valuable resource for engineers. We are pleased to offer this resource free of charge to our membership and to the industry.”
Although access is free, users must register on www.psma.com/green so PSMA can provide notice of special database announcements and associated activities.