Semtech Corp. announced the RClamp3346P, a high-performance, ultra-low capacitance transient voltage suppression (TVS) device to protect the USB 3.0 interface in computing and mobile devices from electrostatic discharge (ESD) events.
The RClamp3346P supplements Semtech's current USB protection portfolio by providing ultra-low clamping voltage performance and low dynamic resistance in an easy-to-lay-out package. Current USB 3.0 protection schemes usually call for multiple TVS devices, complicating the design and final bill of materials. The RClamp3346P replaces up to 6 discrete and protects the SuperSpeed pairs plus the high-speed signal lines in a slim 2.7mm by 0.8mm package.
Built on Semtech's highly differentiated SCR process technology, the RClamp3346P achieves the industry's lowest overall clamping voltage without impacting the signal quality. Designed to meet the high operating data rate of the USB 3.0 interface, this device introduces less than 0.65pF capacitance into the signal path.
The RClamp3346P is also qualified to grade 1 of the AEC-Q100 automotive reliability standard in order to provide the highest level of component reliability.
Key Features of the RClamp3346P:
- Transient protection for high-speed data lines to: IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD) ±20 kV (air), ±12kV (contact); IEC 61000-4-4 (EFT) 40A (5/50ns); IEC 61000-4-5 (lightning) 5A (8/20µs)
- 3.3 V working voltage protection
- Protects 6 I/O line in flow-through package
- Low capacitance (<0.65 pF line-to-ground)
- Low dynamic resistance (0.15 W typical)
- Pb Free and RoHS/WEEE compliant
The RClamp3346P (order code: RClamp3346P.TNT) is available immediately in production quantities and is priced at $0.37 each in 3,000-piece reels. Semtech offers comprehensive design assistance, including field- and factory-based support.