Two series of discrete low capacitance TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes) from Littelfuse, Inc. are optimized to help telecommunications circuit and hardware designers safeguard telecom interfaces from lightning-induced surges and electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage. The SP4020 and SP4021 Series TVS Diode Arrays integrate low capacitance steering diodes with either one or two TVS diodes to provide unidirectional or bidirectional protection from electrical threats for 3.3 V (SP4020) and 5 V (SP4021) applications. They offer a loading capacitance that is 16 percent lower than other solutions on the market, which helps preserve signal integrity and minimize data loss. The SP4020 Series provides twice the power dissipation capability as similar market solutions; the SP4021 Series offers one-and-one-half times higher power dissipation capability than other offerings. They can safely absorb high levels of lightning-induced surge current and are ideal for interfaces including, but not limited to T1/E1/T3/E3, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, USB 1.1/2.0, , etc.
· Provides greater overhead to electrical threats as defined by regulatory standards than similar market solutions: 2x higher (SP4020) and 1.5x higher (SP4021) power handling capability
· Helps preserve signal integrity and minimize data loss
· Exceeds the highest level of the IEC61000-4-2 standard (±8kV) to provide higher equipment reliability during installation and servicing
· Provides low clamping voltages for sensitive chipsets, protecting them from catastrophic failure and maximizing system reliability
· The SP4020 and SP4021 Series are available in SOD323 packaging in reels of 3,000.