Littelfuse, Inc. has introduced the SP3022 Series Low Capacitance ESD Protection TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes). These robust 0.35pF, 20kV bidirectional (back-to-back) discrete TVS diodes can safely absorb repetitive ESD strikes over the maximum level specified in the IEC61000-4-2 international standard without performance degradation.
The SP3022 Series' back-to-back configuration provides symmetrical ESD protection for data lines when AC signals are present. Their ultra-low loading capacitance (just 0.35pF) makes them ideal for protecting high-speed data lines, such as all released versions of HDMI and USB, DisplayPort™, V-by-One™ and eSATA. They're also well suited for use in consumer electronics like set-top boxes, game consoles, smartphones, ultrabooks, notebooks, tablets and eReaders.
The SP3022 Series TVS Diode Array offers these key benefits:
· Ultra-low capacitance of 0.35pF minimizes signal degradation or attenuation for high-speed data, giving engineers more signal margin in their design; ideal for protecting high-speed data lines, such as HDMI 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1 and eSATA.
· Low dynamic resistance of 0.7W provides more than 30% lower clamping performance than similar solutions, providing better protection for sensitive chipsets.
· Extremely low leakage of <10nA at MAX VRWM preserves battery life and signal integrity because excessive leakage can be seen as additive capacitance for a high-speed differential pair.
· ESD capability of ±20kV contact discharge allows for robust product implementations in the most challenging environments; 15% improvement over some existing silicon solutions and 60% improvement over alternative technologies.
· Small footprint of 0402 (SOD-882 package) and 0201 (flipchip) saves precious board space and simplifies board layout. Automotive-grade quality ensures maximum reliability in the harshest environments.
The SP3022 Series TVS Diode Array is available in quantities of 10,000 in tape and reel packaging.