In 2016, the Applied Power Electronics Conference, or APEC, will be held at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Long Beach, CA, March 20-24, 2016. APEC presents a unique opportunity for power electronics professionals from academia, national laboratories, and industry to exchange technical knowledge and network with others power electronics engineers. APEC 2016 addresses issues of immediate and long-term interest for the practicing power electronics engineer.
- IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS)
- IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS)
- Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA)
Conference Program and Exposition
- Power Electronics Exposition
APEC’s exposition hits its record high participation with 263 exhibitors and 398 booths. The exhibitors will showcase their state-of-the-art technologies, products, and solutions on applied power electronics.
- Professional Education Seminars
21 seminars cover subjects ranging from dc-dc converter design to GaN circuits, power electronics fundamentals, smart grid, digital control, PMBus, etc. Presenters are internationally known experts from industry and universities.
- Technical Sessions
The technical presentation papers are selected from an all-time record-high 1,212 digests submitted from 45 countries from across the globe. The technical program includes papers of broad appeal scheduled for oral presentation from Tuesday morning through Thursday afternoon.
- Dialogue Sessions
Papers with a more specialized focus are available for discussion with authors at the dialogue session on Thursday at 11:30 a.m. The various technical venues cover all areas of technical interest to the practicing power electronics professional.
- Industry Sessions
The popular industry sessions will include 119 accepted presentations in 20 sessions.
- Rap Program
Attendees can participate in three interesting and controversial topics. Free refreshments will be available.
Who Should Attend?
- Equipment OEMs that use power supplies and dc-dc converters in their equipment.
- Designers of power supplies, dc-dc converters, motor drives, uninterruptable power supplies, inverters and any other power electronic circuits, equipment and systems.
- Manufacturers and suppliers of components and assemblies used in power electronics.
- Manufacturing, quality and test engineers involved with power electronics equipment.
- Marketing, sales and anyone involved in the business of power electronic.
- Compliance engineers testing and qualifying power electronics equipment or equipment that uses power electronics.