Analog Devices, Inc. introduced the ADP2370/71 15-V, 800-mA output DC-to-DC regulator optimized for better energy efficiencies in battery-powered applications using multiple alkaline/NiMH, lithium cells, or other standard power sources. The highly integrated ADP2370/71 regulators offer a wide input voltage supply range of 3.2 V to 15 V and require only three external components to reduce overall footprint. The ADP2370/71 offer greater than 93 percent conversion efficiency, enabling designers to support a higher load in a smaller area.
During light load conditions, the ADP2370/71 can be configured to automatically switch to a low-quiescent power-save mode for additional battery life savings. The ADP2371, otherwise identical to the ADP2370, also offers a quick output discharge feature to ensure that the output bypass capacitors are completely discharged so that the processor can wake up in a known state. By using a proprietary, high-speed, current-mode constant frequency PWM control scheme, the ADP2370/71 offer excellent stability and transient response to minimize the output voltage ripple. The switching frequency of these regulators can be synchronized to an external clock to eliminate beat frequencies between regulators.
The ADP2370/71 operate over the ?40°C to +125°C junction temperature range and are available in compact 3 mm × 3 mm QFN-8 lead packages.
- Output voltage is adjustable from 0.8 V to input voltage (capable of 100 percent duty cycle operation). Fixed output voltage options are also available: 0.8 V, 1.2 V, 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.0 V, 3.3 V and 5 V.
- Iq <14 µA in Power Saving Mode (PSM)
- Requires only three external components to reduce overall solution size
- Peak efficiency up to 93 percent improves system power efficiency and reduces thermal dissipation
- Synchronization input to minimize input ripple current and reduce input filter design
- Precision-enable input and power-good feature enable a simple and reliable start-up sequence Internal compensation and soft start simplifies design
- Quick output discharge (ADP2371) automatically discharges the output when the device is disabled
Part Number: ADP2370/71