Texas Instruments (TI) introduced 17 new AEC-Q100-qualified, high-voltage LDOs for automotive and industrial applications. The new ultra-low quiescent current LDOs, including the TPS7A16xx-Q1 with 60-V input, TPS7A66xx-Q1 and TPS7B67xx families, and the TPS7B4250-Q1 LDO, support many applications that connect directly to a car or truck battery, such as cluster, power steering and infotainment systems, door modules and lighting controls.
Key features and benefits:
· Ultra-low quiescent current extends battery life: The new LDOs achieve quiescent current as low as 10 µA in standby mode, resulting in lower power consumption and increased battery life.
· Internal equivalent series resistance (ESR) compensation can help optimize system cost and stability: Designers have the flexibility to choose from a wide range of output capacitors, including ceramic, to reduce system cost and increase stability.
· High input voltage allows automotive subsystems to connect directly to the car battery: The LDOs support input voltages of up to 40 V for normal operation and up to 45 V to support transient spikes in automotive designs. Additionally the TPS7A1601-Q1 can support up to 60-V normal operation for trucks and heavy-duty equipment.
· Tracking function allows for more accurate data from the off-board sensors: Tracking provides close to zero tolerance between on-board and off-board power supplies. Tracking helps customers get more accurate data from the off-board sensors.
· Integrated window watchdog supports functional safety: The integrated window watchdog enables customers to meet the functional safety requirements on the system level.
Designers can test drive the new AEC-Q100-qualified LDOs using several featured evaluation and SPICE simulation modelsthat make it easy to evaluate and design.
The TPS7A16xx-Q1 LDOs are available in an 8-pin MSOP-PowerPad package priced at US$1.65 in 1,000-unit quantities. The TPS7A66xx-Q1 LDOs are available in an 8-pin MSOP-PowerPad package priced at US$0.60 in 1,000-unit quantities. The TPS7B67xx-Q1 LDOs are available in a 20-pin HTSSOP package priced at US$0.80 in 1,000-unit quantities.