Analog Devices, Inc. introduced a series of voltage references offering the industry's best combination of noise performance, initial output voltage accuracy, low temperature coefficient (TC), and excellent long-term stability. The new ADR45xx series of voltage references are specifically suited for high-resolution data converters and precision applications in data acquisition systems, instrumentation, process control, and automotive battery monitoring.
With low frequency noise of 0.5 ppm, maximum temperature coefficient of 2 ppm/°C over the full operating temperature range of -40 °C to +125 °C, and a typical long-term drift of only 25 ppm/1khr, the ADR45xx series of voltage references provide high accuracy over time and temperature variations critical for many precision applications. This performance is achieved with a maximum quiescent current of 950 µA and $3.45 price, making the devices ideal for portable and budget sensitive designs. Also available is an A-grade version with a TC of 5 ppm/°C at $2.45.
- Maximum TC: 2 ppm/°C " Output noise (0.1 - 10 Hz): < 1µVP-P @ 2.048 VOUT typical
- Initial output voltage error: ±0.02 percent (max)
- Input voltage range: 3 V to 15 V
- Operating temperature: -40 °C to +125 °C
- Output current: +10 mA source/-10 mA sink
- Low quiescent current: 950 µA (max)
- Low dropout voltage: 300 mV @ 2 mA (VOUT 3 V)