The IEEE Applied Power Electronics and Exposition Conference (APEC), the leading worldwide conference and exhibit for practicing power electronics professionals, announces a combined call for technical papers and special presentations for APEC 2010. This 25th annual event will be held in Palm Springs, California, February 21- 25, 2010.
The APEC 2010 conference committee is now soliciting two types of industry participation. The first is a call for technical papers. At the conference, these unique, peer-reviewed papers will be combined with rap sessions, dialogue sessions, and plenary sessions covering all aspects of power electronics. The conference committee is also issuing a call for special presentations, or sessions that do not require a formal paper. To celebrate APEC's 25th anniversary, these popular special presentation sessions have been expanded to reflect the applied and practical nature of the conference by covering Automotive, Communications, Computing, Consumer, and Industrial applications.
Important Submission Deadlines
APEC offers six ways for industry professionals to participate in the conference and exhibition (visit www.apec-conf.org for complete details):
1. Submit a technical digest for publishing a technical paper. Accepted papers will be available in the conference proceedings and on IEEE Explore for others to reference. Deadline for submission of paper digests is July 17, 2009
2. Sign up to review technical papers. The peer review and selection process is one of the key factors for high quality papers. Deadline to sign up as a technical paper reviewer is July 17, 2009.
3. Propose a short 20 minute special presentation. Deadline for submission of special presentation proposals is August 31, 2009.
4. Propose a 3.5 hour professional education seminar. Deadline for submission of professional education seminar proposals is August 31, 2009.
5. Sign up for one of the 200+ spots to exhibit at APEC 2010. Exhibit space is limited and nearly sold-out.
6. Exhibitors can sign up for an exhibitor seminar. Exhibitor seminars are booked on a first-come basis.