Microsemi Corporation announced the availability of new 4-port and 8-port members of the PD691xx Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) IC family, offering the industry's smallest form factor and lowest power dissipation. The new 4-port PD69104 and 8-port PD69108 Power
Sourcing Equipment (PSE) PoE Managers are optimized for both commercial and industrial applications, delivering power to devices ranging from video screen phones and WiMAX transmitters to pan-tilt-zoom cameras, thin-clients and laptop computers.
In addition, the new ICs are the first HDBaseT-compliant solutions in the industry. HDBaseT is the latest, most advanced connectivity technology for long-distance transmission of uncompressed high-definition video, audio and power. The technology enables 5Play™ simultaneous connectivity to numerous entertainment devices over a single 100 m Cat5e (LAN) cable.
- Dynamic power management: lowers system cost by 40% by reducing the power supply size.
- Emergency power management: supports multiple power supplies for granular power addition.
- Backplane power management: allows sharing of power supplies between multiple switches in a system.
- Resilient power management: increases system resilience while maximizing power supply use.
- Energy efficiency: 10% lower on chip power dissipation and 15% lower on cabling power dissipation when compared to other industry solutions.
- Smaller footprint: reduces solution size by up to 50%.
The new products feature internal power MOSFETs enabling switch manufacturers to build switches that fully comply with IEEE802.3-2009 specifications, driving 30 W over 2-pairs or 60 W over 4-pairs. Both are offered in a compact 48 pin QFN 8x8 mm package. The PD69108 and PD69104 are sampling now and will be in volume production in Q2 2011.