Avago Technologies announced an ultra-low power Fast Ethernet small form-factor pluggable (SFP) fiber optic transceiver module device, the AFBR-57E6APZ, designed for industrial automation, controls and networking applications. The device features a redesigned chip set for LED control, diagnostic monitoring interface (DMI) and signal processing, which significantly reduces the module power dissipation. Compared with the previous generation device, the AFBR-57E6APZ consumes 42% less in power while delivering superior electrical and optical performance.
- Industry-leading low power consumption: 255 mW (typ), 405 mW (max)
- Industrial operating temperature: -40 °C to +85 °C
- Link distances up to 2 km using 50/125µm or 62.5/125µm multimode fiber
- Built-in DMI providing real time information on temperature, LED bias current, LED average output power and receiver average input power
- Compatible with SFF-8074i and SFF-8472 MSA specifications
- Compatible with 100BASE-FX version of IEEE 802.3u
- Robust, long-life LED technology preventing catastrophic failure of the laser like sudden death or mirror degradation
The AFBR-57E6APZ is priced starting at $32.10 USD in 1,000 piece quantity. Samples and production quantities are available now through the Avago direct sales channels and worldwide distribution partners.