HBM, Inc. has introduced an industrial measurement amplifier that enables users to make precise, dynamic measurements of raw and filtered torque, frequency, pulse, speed, and angle of rotation. It is the only amplifier that allows users to make accurate, position-based torque measurements that can be used directly by dynamometers and industrial control systems.
The combination of the PX460 hardware with HBM's APM (Advanced Plug & Measure) technology and Transducer Electronic Data Sheet (TEDS) platform for sensor integration means that now users can simply just connect torque sensors to the PX460 amplifier and get started right away with no programming. The PX460 amplifier is a plug-in module for the HBM PMX data acquisition and control system. It can acquire up to four channels of data from torque transducers simultaneously with an analog bandwidth of up to 6 kHz. In addition to powering the torque transducer directly, the PX460 can also acquire encoder signals of up to 2 MHz with absolute precision in rough industrial environments. The PX460 interfaces with most reaction arm-based dynamometers, providing them with filtered and smooth torque updates in real time at the desired control loop rate of the dynamometer.
Available measurement modes include:
· Up to four torque flanges (T10, T12, T40) for torque or rotational speed measurement (without detection of the direction of rotation).
· Two measurement channels for simultaneous measurement, for rotational speed and angle of rotation (with detection of the direction of rotation).
· One measurement channel for simultaneous measurement, for rotational speed and angle of rotation or reference signal recognition.
· Two angular/incremental encoders each, SSI, PWM sensors, magnetic transducers or pulse counters.
· Four measurement channels for frequency measurement up to 2 MHz.