Vicor Corp. announced the expansion of its Picor Cool-Power ZVS Point of Load (POL) Regulator portfolio with the introduction of its new, high-efficiency PI3749, PI3751, and PI3755 buck-boost regulators.
- By minimizing switching losses, Picor’s ZVS topology enables efficiencies over 98% and maintains a high efficiency over the specified Vin range
- High frequency operation (up to 2.5 MHz) enables best-in-class power density and transient response
- Easy-to-use LGA System in Package (SiP), with integrated controller, power switches, and support components reduces design risk and speeds time to market
- The Picor Cool-Power PI3749 buck-boost regulator covers a wide range of high-performance applications including computing, communications, industrial, LED lighting, and battery systems
- PI3749 operates from 16 Vin to 34 Vin, regulates an output voltage from 12 V to 34 V, and provides output current up to 11.5 A for power delivery over 200 W
- Power delivery can be further increased by using single-wire current sharing without any additional components
- This regulator is packaged in a 10x14x2.5mm LGA SiP module
The Picor Cool-Power PI3751 and PI3755 buck-boost regulators are designed for Factorized Power Architecture(r) (FPA(r)) and work in conjunction with VI Chip(r) VTM(r) current multipliers to address high-performance point-of-load power delivery to processors (including VR12.5+ compliance) and memory (including DDR3/4 compliance) in server and datacenter applications.
- Enables 48 V direct to point of load when combined with VTM
- The PI3751 and PI3755 are packaged in a 10x14x2.5mm and a 10x10x2.5mm LGA SiP module, respectively
The new Picor Cool-Power PI3749 and PI375X buck-boost regulators can be ordered today from Vicor and Vicor authorized distributors. PI37XX pricing starts at $14.50, $18.50, and $14.80 in 1K quantities, respectively, for the PI3749, PI3751, and PI3755.