CUI Inc. announced the addition of an ultra-wide input 500 mA model to their V78 switching regulator series. The V78W-500 series has been designed as a high performance alternative to linear regulators. Unlike linear regulators, this series does not require a heat sink, making it ideal for applications where board space is at a premium and energy efficiency is a concern.
The V78W-500 series offers efficiencies up to 95% in a compact SIP package measuring 11.50 x 9.00 x 17.50 mm. Units are pin out compatible with industry standard LM78XX linear regulators and come in both straight and right angle pin configurations. The series boasts an input range up to 9~72 V, regulated output voltages of 3.3, 5, 6.5, 9, 12, 15 and 24 V dc, and an operating temperature range of -40 to +85°C. The non-isolated converters also include short circuit protection, over temperature protection, and an MTBF of 2 million hours. The V78W-500 series switching regulators are available now through Digi-Key and start at $8.87 per unit at 1000 pieces.
- Product name: V78W-500 series
- Availability: 3-4 weeks lead-times
- Possible users: Previous users of linear regulators that have efficiency and board space concerns
- Primary features: Wide input range, no heat sink needed
- Cost: Pricing starts at $8.87 per unit at 1000 pieces
Part Number: V78W-500